Pocket Squad Girls is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
Pocket Squad Girls needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that the Company collects will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s involvement or contact with the Company.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- your gender, birthdate and occupation;
- your purchase history;
- your company name (if applicable);
- the name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- the date and time you access our sites;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites;
- other information you may supply to us; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. We use the information to customise our services and plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you based on your purchase history and product preferences. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services and marketing through direct emails, our websites or other social media channels. If you are a candidate for employment, we collect information to assess your suitability for a position within our business and for other purposes such as contacting referees, performing background checks and visa applications.
When do we collect Personal Information?
The Services in which we ask for Personal Information includes:
- Accepting customer orders
- Processing online purchases and payments
- Registering an online account
- Social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
- When you contact us via any of the email addresses mentioned on our website that end with '@Pocket Squad Girls.com.au'
- 'Contact us' form on our website
- Processing credit card payments
- Entering promotions
- Claiming prizes
- Accepting Gift Card payments
- Gift Card Redemptions
- Recording customer complaints
- Processing refunds
- Joining the 'wait list' for products
- Pre-ordering items
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you will need to adjust the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer.
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third-party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the internet, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
Purpose of collection of your Personal Information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to deliver any of Pocket Squad Girls' customer communications
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting Pocket Squad Girls, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers
- protecting the security of our online store, team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
- recruiting team members and contractors
Promotional communications and opting out
We will only communicate with you if you have told us that you want to hear from us. To receive our email communications, you need to have elected to ‘join the squad’ on our website by providing your first name and email address and clicked 'Join the Squad’. You will further confirm this decision via a confirmation email.
If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of our email communications, or alternatively by contacting us.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations
- Pocket Squad Girls's contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, suppliers, and external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of this information do not breach Australian Privacy laws in relation to the personal information we disclose.
Online purchases with Pocket Squad Girls are processed using the secure services of Paypal and SecurePay.
For information regarding Paypal’s privacy policies please visit paypal.com.au. For information regarding SecurePay’s privacy policies please visit securepay.com.au. All information provided to Pocket Squad Girls in the course of conducting our business is regarded as strictly confidential and is managed in accordance with Australian law.
Where applicable information is shared with these third parties, they are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided. We will also disclose information to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
We will never sell or trade your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information to overseas parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with a purpose. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Pocket Squad Girls (for example storing data via a cloud service, or servers located overseas).
Accessing Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will provide access in the manner that you have requested provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so.
Please contact us if you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access requests to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is properly protected.
Correcting Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Where you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, or irrelevant, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date, and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Please contact us if you would like to correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any correction requests to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is properly protected.
Security of Personal Information
Pocket Squad Girls takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. This includes protection measures and limiting access to Personal Information. Information is stored in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- ensure that in instances where other organisations provide support and or services, Pocket Squad Girls requires them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
We endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online - you disclose that information at your own risk.
Third Party Website
Pocket Squad Girls's website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Pocket Squad Girls is not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information.
Privacy Complaint Handling
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, the following process will be followed:
- You will contact us, and provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done.
- You will receive an acknowledgment from us within 7 days confirming receipt of your complaint.
- We will assess your complaint to determine whether or not you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the relevant privacy laws. If you have complained about something which is not appropriately dealt with under privacy law, we will write to you and explain why we are unable to address your complaint.
- If you have complained about something which the relevant privacy laws cover, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution. During our investigation we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavour to respond to you at all times promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.